Do you enjoy good food?
At Porthaven, we do Not only is good nutrition and hydration essential to health, the enjoyment of freshly prepared meals also assists with the physical and mental well-being of our residents.
Porthaven works with John Wood, a leading international restaurant consultant and former Michelin-starred chef, to help us train our kitchen staff and produce delicious, well-balanced and nutritiously appropriate food.
Every Porthaven home has a fully trained head chef and catering staff, providing locally sourced fresh seasonal food, suitable for the individual dietary needs of each of our residents. With a different menu every day, every resident has a choice of what they would like to eat, including a selection of special favourites.
It’s not just breakfast, lunch and dinner. Morning coffee and cakes, and afternoon tea are also served, with fresh fruit and high energy snacks readily available to supplement regular meals if required, as well as plentiful fresh water, fruit juices and other drinks to ensure good hydration which is an important part of many of our residents’ lives.
Whilst some of our residents eat in their own rooms, most of our residents enjoy the company of others when eating, which is why all Porthaven homes provide restaurant service in our dining rooms, where our residents dine with new friends, and discuss the varied events of the day.
- All meals freshly prepared on site daily from our own kitchens
- Carefully sourced quality produce used
- Excellent breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner menus
- All day dining available for lighter meals and snacks
- Tea, coffee, water, fruit juices and other drinks available anytime
- Professionally trained chefs and catering staff
- Individual dietary needs and personal preferences recognised
- Restaurant dining and in room dining available
- Berry Bros wine included
- Private dining room for family celebrations and other special occasions
- Guests welcome