Please read these Terms & Conditions carefully before using this site.
What is in these terms?
These terms tell you the rules for using our website www.autumna.co.uk.
- Who we are and how to contact us
- We are Autumna Limited and we operate www.autumna.co.uk. We are limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 10879272 and have our registered office at Park House, 89 Warwick Park, Tunbridge Wells, Kent TN2 5ET. Our VAT number is GB-288402384.
- Our site offers a service through which you can access information on providers of care services for persons aged 55 or over. Whilst these service providers pay us a fee to be listed on our website, there is no option to pay more to be listed more prominently on our site. Results are displayed based on your search terms. In addition we do not take any referral fee or commission from any care provider listed on our site. We do not recommend or endorse any particular service provider which is listed on our site, although we encourage the care provider or service to fully and transparently explain what service they provide, enabling the consumer to make an informed decision.
- To contact us, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01892 335 330.
- By using our site you accept these terms
- There are other terms that may apply to you
- We may make changes to these terms
- We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
- If any part of these terms is found to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable then the remainder of these terms will remain in full force and effect.
- We may make changes to our site
- We may update and change our site from time to time to reflect changes to our services, our users' needs and our business priorities.
- We may suspend or withdraw our site
- Our site is made available free of charge.
- We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
- Our site is only DESIGNED for users in the UK
- Our site is designed to be accessed by people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through our site is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
- You and your account
- You may access our site either as a guest or by creating an account. The registration of any user account is at our sole discretion.
- You must not share your account details with any other person.
- When creating an account, you confirm that the information you provide to us is accurate, complete and not misleading.
- If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures or account creation or administration, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
- If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us.
- How you may use material on our site
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- You must not copy or reproduce any content on our site (including but not limited to modifying or reformatting it when you copy it). In particular, you must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors. Any licence we give to copy content or use it for commercial purposes will be subject to acknowledging us as the origin of the content.
- Information on this site
- Our site contains information on care service providers for persons aged 55 or over. This information is provided by third parties.
- The content on our site (whether provided by us or any third party) is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely and we do not endorse any of this information. You may wish to obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
- Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site and to ensure that information provided by third parties is accurate and not misleading (for example through our contractual relationships with them), we do not verify or moderate all content on our site and we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
- If you enter into an agreement with a care home provider listed on our site, we are not a party to that agreement and will not be responsible for that care home provider.
- We are not responsible for websites we link to
- Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
- We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources. If you purchase products or services from third parties we link to, we are not a party to these agreements.
- User-generated content is not approved by us
- This website may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the site, including but not limited to reviews and comments. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
- How to RAISE A content ISSUE
- If you wish to raise an issue about any of the content on our site please contact us using the details above.
- Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- We do not provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- We are not liable for any loss or damage you suffer as a result of your use of, or reliance on, information on our site which is provided to us by any third party.
- Our site is directed at consumer users only. If you are a business user:
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with use of, or inability to use, our site; or use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- We will not be liable for loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue; business interruption; loss of anticipated savings; loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation (whether such losses are direct or indirect in nature); or any other indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- How we may use your personal information
- Uploading content to our site
- You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
- We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
- We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with our content standards.
- Your content must:
- Be accurate (where it is factual in nature);
- Be genuinely held (where it states an opinion); and
- Comply in all aspects with the laws of England and Wales (in addition to the laws of any country from where it is posted).
- Your content must not (without limitation):
- Be defamatory of any person;
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- Bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person;
- Promote sexually explicit material, violence, discrimination, or any illegal activity;
- Infringe the intellectual property rights of any other person;
- Be likely to deceive any person;
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- Be in contempt of court;
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- Give the impression that the content emanates from Autumna Limited, if this is not the case;
- Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act; or
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
- You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content, we will not be responsible for any content you upload which is lost or otherwise unavailable.
- Rights you are giving us to use material you upload
- When you upload or post content to our site, you grant us a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of and display, that content at our discretion.
- This licence will remain in place even after content is deleted from (or no longer publicly available to users of) our site.
- We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
- We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
- You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
- You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
- Linking to our site
- You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
- Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact us using the details above.
- Which country's laws apply to any disputes?
- Our trade marks
- You are not permitted to use our name or logo in any way which would breach our intellectual property rights without our approval.
Terms and Conditions of Advertising
Terms and definitions
These terms shall apply in addition to all other terms and conditions on this site. In the event of a conflict arising out of these terms and any others on the site, the provisions of these terms shall prevail.
For the purposes of these terms, an ‘Advertisement’ refers only to a Premium Profile on autumna.co.uk ("our site").
Autumna accepts the publication of the Advertisements on the terms set out below and by placing an order, the Advertiser (being the person or organisation placing the order for the Advertisement, whether they are the advertiser of the product or service referred to in the Advertisement or the advertising agency or media buyer for such advertiser) accepts and agrees to be bound by these terms in full.
- Basic listing
- Displays publicly available information supplied by the Governmental regulatory body covering the area in which the specific individual care provider is located.
- Standard listing
- Displays publicly available information supplied by the Governmental regulatory body in which the specific individual care provider is located plus one photo, an About Us section and contact details verified by registered users of our site whether they be employees of Autumna or employees of the care provider to which the Standard listing refers.
- Premium profile
- A paid advertisement/listing on Autumna, which, in addition to the publicly available information supplied by Governmental regulatory bodies, displays extra information supplied by the Advertiser, to assist the online care seeker refine their search.
The level and extent of the information provided is entirely at the discretion of the Advertiser. The Advertiser, once registered with and verified by Autumna, can upload and update information to their profile(s) or they can ask Autumna to upload the information for them.
More details about the extra information contained in a Premium Profile and the pricing structure can be found here.
- Profile strength
- An algorithmic calculation reflecting the amount of information included in an individual listing on our site.
- A Premium Profile features higher in area listings on our site than Standard and Basic listings.
- The default order of appearance for Premium Profiles on our site is defined, firstly, by geographical proximity to the search location request.
- Where two or more Premium Profiles have equal proximity to the geographical search location request, the order of appearance is determined by profile strength. The Premium Profile with the higher profile strength will appear higher in a search result.
- The subsequent use of other filters by the care seeker, can and will alter the order of appearance for a Premium Profile in a search result.
- In initial search results, a Premium Profile displays a photo, Profile Strength, Care Type, Care Category and Regulator’s Rating by default.
- Additional icons including S.A.F.E. infection control, CHOICE dining, use of Digital Care Plans as well as information on prices and availability can be displayed in the initial search result, if the information is entered either directly by the Advertiser, or by Autumna with the agreement of the Advertiser.
- The full individual Premium Profile page allows for the display of information about the Manager and Staff, the specific Care provided, Admission Criteria, the Building and Facilities, Fees, Activities on offer, Pet policies, Regulator reports, and Awards received.
- Where a request has been made by the Advertiser for Autumna to upload information on the Advertiser’s behalf, it is the express responsibility of the Advertiser to ensure the information displayed is correct.
- Autumna does not accept liability for information supplied, or tacitly approved by the Advertiser, that is incorrect at the time of publication or subsequently becomes incorrect.
- Where a Premium Profile has been ordered for specific member records in a brand or group, but not for all member records in a brand or group, the benefits of the Premium Profile can only be used for those specific member records with an order.
- Autumna reserves the right at any time to change the format of a Premium Profile, including, but not limited to, the ranking algorithm of the listings on our site.
- Duration of Agreements
- The start date and duration of an Advertisement will be agreed by both Advertiser and Autumna and are confirmed via email correspondence between Autumna and Advertiser but will run for no less than one (1) year.
- Unless otherwise expressly agreed, an invoice will be issued every calendar month by Autumna to the Advertiser beginning on the date that the Premium Profile is activated.
- Unless otherwise expressly agreed, the Advertiser must give Autumna notice of three (3) months from the date of the next scheduled invoice, to terminate an advertisement and revert to a Standard listing.
- Without limiting its other rights or remedies, Autumna may terminate these terms at any time by giving to the Advertiser no less than one (1) months' prior written notice. On termination of these terms:
(a) the Advertiser will, where applicable, immediately pay to Autumna any fees that have accrued from the start date of the Advertisements to the date of termination; and
(b) the accrued rights, remedies, obligations and liabilities of the parties as at expiry or termination shall not be affected, including the right to claim damages in respect of any breach of the Contract which existed at or before the date of termination or expiry.
- Where Autumna considers an Advertisement to be unsuitable or contrary to these terms, it may, without any liability to the Advertiser, reject, remove or require any Advertisement (or part of it) to be amended.
- Fees and payment
- The prices for the Advertisements will be set out in the quotation provided by Autumna, and all prices quoted are exclusive of VAT. Autumna reserves the right to change the prices at any time. Once an order for an Advertisement has been received the order is non-cancellable and non-refundable.
- All invoices are payable on receipt of invoice unless otherwise agreed between Autumna and the Advertiser.
- Without limiting any other right or remedy of Autumna, if the Advertiser fails to make any payment due to Autumna under these terms by the due date for payment, Autumna shall have the right to charge interest on the overdue amount at the rate of 8% per annum above the then current Bank of England's base rate accruing on a daily basis from the date of due payment until the date of actual payment of the overdue amount, whether before or after judgment, and compounding quarterly.
- All fees are non-refundable and will not be pro-rated should the Advertiser decide to discontinue the display of an Advertisement.
- Projected Placement or Enquiry/Referral figures
- Please note any projected placement or enquiry/referral figures are for guideline purposes only. The actual figures may vary and we cannot guarantee placements or enquiries/referrals.
- Notification of direct enquiries via the website, and referrals from Autumna’s Advice Line Team will be sent to the email addresses provided to Autumna by the Advertiser in the contact details section of the listing whether that be Premium or Standard.
- The Advertiser grants to Autumna a non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable licence to use the Advertiser’s names, trademarks and/or logos as Autumna may consider reasonably necessary for the purposes of publishing the Advertisements.
- All agreements are non-exclusive, meaning Autumna may have Advertisements from several parties appearing on its site at the same time.
- Service interruptions
- Autumna will not be responsible for any liability, loss, cost, claim, damage or causes of action of any kind (and whether direct or indirect) that it may suffer as a result of the transactions contemplated hereby, including but not limited to loss resulting from service delays and incomplete or interrupted service, regardless of cause or fault.
- Data protection
- Advertisers shall at all times comply with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) in respect of any data including data relating to their customers and relatives of their customers used in requesting and obtaining feedback.
- Contact details of care seekers will only be shared with the Advertiser where the care seeker has expressly given
- Truth in advertising / indemnification for liability
- The Advertiser is solely responsible for any liability arising out of or relating to Advertisements (as the case may be) and the use and/or publication of them, and/or any material to which users can link through to. The Advertiser represents and warrants that any information found on URLs hyperlinked from Advertisements will not violate any criminal laws or any rights of any third parties, including, but not limited to, such violations as infringement or misappropriation of any copyright, patent, trade mark, trade secret, image or other proprietary or confidential information or property right, false advertising, unfair competition, defamation, invasion of privacy or rights, violation of any anti-discrimination law or regulation, or any other right of any person or entity..
- The Advertiser agrees to indemnify Autumna and to hold Autumna, and its officers, directors, employees and agents harmless from any and all liability, loss, cost, damages, claims or causes of action of any kind, including reasonable legal fees and expenses that may be incurred by Autumna, arising out of or related to the Advertiser’s breach of any representations and warranties in these terms.
- Limitation of liability
- Autumna’s liability for losses suffered by the Advertiser as a result of a breach of these terms by Autumna is strictly limited to the price paid for the Advertisements.
- Autumna’s liability for losses suffered by the Advertiser as a result of a breach of these terms by Autumna is strictly limited to liability in respect of claims brought within one year of the date of the invoice for the Advertisement.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, Autumna expressly excludes any liability for any indirect, special or consequential loss or damage arising out of or in connection with these terms or an Advertisement, and also excludes, without limitation, any liability for:
(a) loss of income or revenue;
(b) loss of business;
(c) loss of profits or contracts;
(d) loss of anticipated savings;
(e) loss of data;
(f) loss of goodwill;
(g) wasted management or office time; and
(h) for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
This does not affect Autumna’s liability for death or personal injury arising from its negligence, nor its liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- If any of these terms are determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.