As a family-owned business, the heart is at the core of all of our services. We want Home Instead Stevenage and North Hertfordshire to become your trusted companion for you and your loved ones. We tailor our care to match the needs of the Client with a personalised approach that enriches the lives of our clients by enabling them to engage in the things that make them happiest whether it’s walking the dog, going shopping or to the pub or having a cup of tea and a chat. We provide a wide range of services including companionship, home help, personal and dementia care services as well as specialised Alzheimer’s care. Visits last on average two hours and a minimum of an hour so that we are able to provide the quality attention and company that people value. We will do what we say we are going to do when we say we are going to! Our service can be open-ended or for a short period of time, perhaps to provide respite for Family Carers and Caring Friends.
The backbone of our service is our CAREGivers. Each is recruited carefully for their passion to help others. Our team are a varied group of well trained, experienced, helpful, reliable people, who love their job and have some fun while caring for our clients. We pride ourselves on their punctuality and the exceptional quality of care they provide. We match each client to a CAREGiver so that it will be the same person who will come at the right time on the right day to do just what you want. That’s how true companionship can start to build.
We are a small team and will remain so as we are all passionate about providing an "Outstanding" service that is closely connected with our Clients and CAREGivers.
We are quite a bit different for few key reasons:
1. The senior team will always make personal introductions of the CAREGiver to the client. We use our experience and judgement to 'match' client and caregiver. We aim to develop lasting, trusting relationships. This is possible if companies organise their services around the clients’ needs and in developing proper relationships.
2. We like to match CAREGivers with clients. In that regard, it is our policy to introduce clients to just one or two CAREGivers who will learn all about the specific likes, dislikes and unique preferences that are so important. This is a hallmark of Home Instead's service.
3. We do not allow CAREGivers near a client without having first secured four references, a DBS police check and them having undergone four full days of training and screening through our selection and induction process. Most for all, I look for CAREGivers I would confidently introduce to my own mum.
4. We do not wear uniforms which (as a non-medical provider), we think stigmatises and draws attention to the private relationship between CAREGiver and Client.
5. We are delighted and proud that our service has been inspected and rated at the top level as ‘Outstanding’ by the regulator CQC (The Care Quality Commission).
When we consult, we build a clear plan of support that will suit you. We will ask many questions to build and carefully document a detailed picture and bespoke plan of care. You may need to be especially patient with us as we go through this as we are keen to really understand our role and the specific nuances of services that may be required. From there we will then enrol you onto each of our care delivery systems which provide a robust method of managing, coordinating and communicating real-time. Once we have developed this plan of care together we would then set about looking to matching up the right CAREGivers from our portfolio of available CAREGivers. This may happen immediately, or it may take a little time. When we have that match, we would return to introduce the potential CAREGiver to check and ensure with you that the match is a good one and you have confidence in our choice and suitability.
When we work we simply charge £30 per hour which is charged by direct debit monthly. When we start a service we set it in motion for a minimum of 6 weeks to provide the very best opportunity for our new relationships and service to become embedded in long-established routines. The minimum call time we do is 1hr and in that time we will do pretty much anything to support; eg trip out in the car, shopping, cleaning, dressing, showering, walking the dog, making a meal, playing scrabble, etc etc. To enrol our clients there is one of cost of £150 for the consultation and enrolment process outlined above.
All of our costs are fully inclusive of VAT and there are no hidden extras.
If you choose us, I'm sure you will find us to be a professional and reliable service. We are honoured to have the opportunity to support and aim to gain your trust soon.
Here are some independent reviews from the Clients we serve: