My name is Ian and I’m the founder of Abney & Baker.
As someone who had to find care and support for a parent with Parkinson’s and someone who served some time as a director of a major national care chain, I’ve gained unique experience of both sides of the care and support world. I’ve seen the impact of low wages and poor working conditions on staff morale and seen the impact this had on the care that people receive.
During this time, I became convinced that there had to be a better way. A care company that valued and supported its team must be able to provide better care and support to its clients. The result is Abney & Baker.
From the first day, we have have put treating people right at the heart of every decision we make. Doing better by our employees allows us to do better by clients like you which, in turn, is good for the business.
As a result, I am incredibly proud of how we have built a company that:
- scores 97% on independent client feedback (1)
- scores 96% on independent employee feedback scores (2)
- is amongst Top 20 Home Care Providers in the UK as awarded by homecare.co.uk in June 2020.
- has committed to fighting working poverty and has been affiliated with the Living Wage Foundation since the day we started
- has staff turnover levels roughly half that of the national average for the care industry
- has trained and developed many of our colleagues to become trainers, supervisors or managers
We are family-owned, local and proud of the role we play in our community.
"I can’t wait to have the opportunity to show you how our care and support can help reduce your stress and anxiety and help you lead a happy, confident life in the familiar safety of your own home. A life we all deserve."